The English Conversation Program: Overview
The American Academy for Training Courses (AATC) American English conversation program is made up of 12 courses. The American Academy is an ISO 9001 certified and authorized language learning and training center. It works in partnership with the US-based Atlanta Institute, and American Academy is one of the largest language learning centers all over Egypt.
- The general English program consists of 12 courses. Each course is presented over 6 weeks, two lectures per week.
- All English conversation skills, like fluent speaking and listening, are offered using easy methodologies.
- Conversation courses are based on a curriculum focusing on the English listening and conversation skills, introduced via a variety of interesting exercises to encourage learners to speak English fluently. With the wide variety of phonetic exercises, the courses help learners develop native-like listening and speaking skills rapidly.
- Each level covers all language skills, i.e. fluent speaking, listening, reading and writing, and feature extensive exercises to provide the student with a wide range of vocabulary items and grammatical rules.
- English language courses represent a program designed to meet the needs of very learner interested in mastering English and speaking it fluently.
- The American Academy English learning courses are based on practical exercises and motivational English learning methodologies. The courses also feature a huge range of engaging exercises, audio-visual material and self-help activities to encourage learners to improve their English language skills.
- To join the course, learners have to take a placement test. Upon completion of the course, the learner takes a final exam to measure his/her proficiency at the level. Upon passing that final exam, the learner can pass on to the next level and get a certificate showing the completed courses.
Are English language courses offered in small or large classes?
An English language course class is 15 students as a maximum.
Do the course fees cover the course materials? What is the material used for the course?
The American Academy courses for learners use materials published by Oxford University / Cambridge University. The material can be purchased from any authorized Oxford or Cambridge agent in Egypt, or from Amazon website. The American Academy can provide the learners with the material.
Do you provide any additional audio-visual material for home study?
Yes, there are CDs of home-study English phonetics activities.
How can I make sure that the American Academy courses have enhanced my English?
American Academy is a certified TOEFL center. Learners can take the TOEFL test following completion of all levels to make sure that their level has improved. Furthermore, AATC makes available TOEFL preparation courses so as learners can pass the TOEFL exams. In addition, the American Academy curricula prepare learners to pass the well-known British CPE exams, held by the British council, and the European CFE exams that can be taken at the Website of Oxford University’s Department of English Language.